Mt Hotham Activities
UPDATE FOR 2018!
Mount Hotham Snowplay Park
Snowstuff Park in conjunction with Mount Hotham is pleased to announce the seventh year of operations in an Australian first in the Alps!
Mount Hotham Snowstuff Park will open for season 2018 in June/July (snow conditions dependent)! It will feature some activities that have not been experienced by the Australian snowgoer until now! The Snowplay Park will be located at Wire Plain right next to the Hotham Resort Bus Stop Number 12. Car parking will also be available adjacent to the bus stop.
- Dedicated Tobogganing area!
A specific area for the use of plastic injection moulded toboggans! The Zipfy Toboggan & Zipflracer will be available to hire or bring your own Toboggan for FREE(1)!
- Back Country Snowmobile & Sled Tour with more terrain! (New expanded route for 2018!)
Get picked up from your lodge (davenport area only) and take off on our new tour. You will travel in a custom built sled behind our Snowmobile taking in the sights of some of Mt Hothams most stunning back country! Tour goes to the Dargo lookout where you will get some of the most picturesque views of the High Plains. Our Sled suits up to 4 people. Dont forget the camera! Our new Derricks Hut tour is now available too and includes lunch and snowshoe to Mt Loch!
- The DTV Shredder
Hire one of our Shredders, dual tracked fun machine ridden standing up in a snowboard stance. Powerful 200cc engine.
- Kids Snowmobile Circuit!
Yes you read it right! The Kids Snowmobile’s are specially designed for kids that are 5 year old + and up to 50Kg! There will be a mini-circuit for the little ones and a grand circuit through the trees for the older ones! They are petrol powered and heaps of fun!
- Dedicated Snowplay Area
Designed for kids in mind, this area will be for snowplay including;
- Building of snowmen
- Snow castle building with use of molds ($5 Charge)
- Snowball making with use of molds ($5 Charge)
- General Snowplay for kids!
- Competition days with prizes!
- Other Activities
Food & Drink – Snowstuff Park will carry hot and cold drinks in season 2018 as well as a range of energy booting chocolate! (who does not like chocolate!). We will also have family fun day BBQ’S during school holiday’s and selected weekends. We will also have Cafe Play’s food van (To Be Confirmed) there on selected weekends and school holidays serving up great hot dogs, hot chocolates and other nicety! Check facebook for details.
Competitions – competitions, snowman building, snow castle building and treasure hunts will be confirmed closer to the start of season 2018
Indicative 2018 prices (subject to change without notice)
Toboggan hire (all types) $11.00 per toboggan until closing time on day
Sledlegs New for 2018 $20.00 per pair per 2 hours.
Snow Shoe Hire $30.00 (during opening hours) $50 overnight
Back Country Sled Tours
Short 10 minute tour for up to 4 people $90
30 Minute Back Country Sled Tour (up to 2 people) – $170
30 Minute Back Country Sled Tour (up to 4 people) – $260
1.5 Hour Sunset Back Country Tour (up to 4 people) – $300
4 Hour Lunch Back Country Sled Tour to Derricks Hut (up to 4 people) – $600
Kids Snowmobiles $35.00 for 15 minutes
Slider Slope devices $15.00 for two hours (when conditions permit)
DTV Shredder $50.00 for 10 minutes.
Keep up to date at,
www.mthotham.com.au and also via Facebook www.facebook.com/snowstuffaus
and like it!
- (1)Free = Authorised toboggans only, must be moulded plastic toboggans, no tubes, sliders , wooden or metal toboggans. Snowstuff Park reserves the absolute right to refuse any toboggan deemed not safe and to limit numbers. Snowstuff Park complies with Mt Hotham Resort Management Board bylaws that prohibit use of some toboggans that do include the above.
- All activities are assessed each day and are opened dependent on snow and weather conditions in conjunction with advice from Ski Patrol and Mt Hotham Resort Management Board.
- Snowstuff Park does not charge entry to the park but some activities attract charges. As area is within Mt Hotham Resort normal resort entry fees are payable.
For participants at our Mount Hotham park – please fill in this waiver prior to arrival at the Park if you intend on participating in activities.